Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hints and innuendoes

Dearest readers,

I owe you an explanation.

Which, unfortunately, I am not at liberty to provide. At least not with respect to naming Names. But I hope to convey, through hints and innuendoes, the reason for my prolonged absence.

My prior post on lib spex drew attention from an unexpected corner. A Very Unexpected but Important Corner. People far beyond my humble scientific purview recognized my talent for finding eyewear for women who like to hunt.

Further conversations were followed by investigation. The People in the Very Unexpected but Important Corner (PitVUbIC) want to know a lot of things. I suggested a visit to Dr. Schwarz, but they had a different vetting process in mind.

They confiscated my computer. Of course, my records are immaculately organized and beyond reproach.

However, the issue of funding for my research also came up. If you'll recall, my primary funding source has been Dad.

Dad is a great guy. Regular with the kibble and handy with the poop bags.

However, in investigating my financial ties to Dad, the PitVUbIC uncovered a couple of less-than-propitious findings. They questioned poor Dad extensively about his familiarity with illegal substances of the roll-up-and-smoke variety. Having attended college in California, Dad was a goner.

What really put the kibosh on my new career as eyewear consultant to the PitVUbIC is the second fact they uncovered. Seems that Dad has had an enduring penchant for tabouli, falafel, baba ganoush... all foods Middle Eastern. He's spent thousands of dollars on the food of infidels, all told. Not that he ever passed a morsel along to moi.

"The surest path to a man's heart is through his stomach," said the PitVUbIC. "And home is where the heart is."

Dad was deported.

Of course, his new mailing address in Baghdad puts me completely out of the running for the prime gig, which would have paid extremely well. The kibble train would have been completely derailed if I hadn't found some freelance work.















I just got my computer back this week. Funny, I didn't remember playing that many games of Bejeweled.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Welcome back Buster.

I haven't a clue what you are going on about but it is nice to have you back!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello buster its dennis the vizsla dog ummm am i going to git in trouble for tawking to yoo??? ok bye

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear Anna -

That's the trouble with hints and innuendoes. They're so indirect.

But I can hardly come right out and tell you that the Secret Service was investigating my background before offering me a position as eyewear guru to the Republican vice presidential candidate.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Covertly yours,

B3

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear fedora-wearing Dennis,

Possibly. Will know more next week.

Tentatively yrs,

B3

redgirls-in-scotland said...

oh!! professor - you are BACK - we have missed you such a LOT

oh our goodness you are Sarah Palin's stylist - WOW! (tho Mum thinks maybe you are wise to have kept the day job?)

Dear Buster - may we ask you a personal question - who usually helps with your blog? Your dad? Or the lab assistant? (redgirls fave Christmas game is Cluedo)

And a request. More pics please - not of the James Bond lookalike (shurrup Mum) but of YOU. Mr Handsome Himself.

shy (and relieved that you are back)yours truly XXX

Buster the Vizsla said...

Cheres filles rouges,

The VPotential gig never materialized, thanks to Dad's miscreant menu. I am reduced to styling the security detail. No sense of humor whatsoever.

Lab assistant. Who is VERY stingy about mid-day snacks. Harrumph.

Digital hiccoughs here, but pics forthcoming. Perhaps a portrait with my new hedgehog, whose two squeakers I have refrained from removing for several weeks now.

Yours after a lengthy interruption,

B3

Delilah and Rocket said...

Deported! oh my. You are much more mischevious than even Sir Dennis

Brisztow Jones said...

Rut Row! I hope all has turned out fine in the end... but just in case you might need to check out my techniques for escape:

http://urbanmutt.blogspot.com/2006/05/mission-escape.html

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones.

redgirls-in-scotland said...

oh. It is nearly Valentines Day (type type reminder into our Blackberry) darling Buster we know you like to play hard to get (works every time)but (trying to sound cool and chilled) shy cough. Do you think you might like to return to blogworld? We are all missing you. PS forget the flowers - dark chocolate in heart shapes - yes that's what we would like best.

reminiscently yours

the redgirls XXX (shy ones)