Sunday, June 8, 2008

Skippy reappears

Remember Skippy, my evil twin who appears intermittently and coerces me into scandalous behavior?

Well.

He came back.

Just this morning, my lab assistant and I walked to the Other Park, the one near our house. The park where you're supposed to be on leash at all times unless you're an attentive listener.

But Skippy didn't read the signs. (Honestly, I don't think Skippy can even read. Else he'd pay attention to the warnings on his cigarette packages.)

My lab assistant tossed a nice new tennis ball into the air and, accurately calculating the speed and trajectory, I snagged before it hit the ground. At that precise moment, Skippy whispered in my ear.

Hey. Mr. Science. You think this is fun? I've got something to show you.

So I followed him. Right past my lab assistant and over to the picnic tables. And then to the bleachers by the baseball field. Then to the garbage cans. Then back to the picnic tables again.

Oh my. Skippy pointed out all kinds of delectable molecules on the ground. In the background, I could hear someone calling my name.

"Hey, wait," I said to Skippy. "That's my lab assistant. I'd better go."

What are you, a real dog or a weenie nerd? First we eat, then we go find some babes.

Before I could finish explaining that 'real dog or weenie nerd' is a continuum, not a dichotomy, Skippy interrupted me.

There! Over there! The mother lode!

Oh my. It was. A different set of garbage cans. With large amounts of Leftover Picnic Things on the ground beside it.

We were there long enough for my lab assistant to catch up. Of course, Skippy vanished, leaving me to explain.

I imagine he's found some babes by now.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello b3 its dennis the vizsla dog yore evil twin skippy sownds like he mite hang owt with my sister trouble's evil(er) twin macavity yoo shood ask him sum time ok bye

Anonymous said...

Evil or not sounds like you had a lot of fun. Pesto used to be like your Skippy when we went to the park together. Mum said she "led me astray". She didn't lead be astray she led be straight to the delicatesen of bins and old bones and poo and ... oh those were the days.

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear Denni$,

The Tall Loud Girl used to sing about Macavity all the time, so I'm familiar with his exploits. Skippy's associates are more the tire-slashing, graffiti-painting kind.

B3

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear Ms. Ziggi,

It was GLORIOUS! An alfresco feast to remember forever.

Yrs. nostalgically,
B3

redgirls-in-scotland said...

oh we are so pleased to hear that Skippy is back in town. Redgirls LIKE naughty boys *giggle* *blush* Umm does skippy have any "special" babes in his address book?

Andrew Campbell said...

Who knew you were also a literary critic? You've just unpacked all the secrets of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Brilliant. Now how to we resolve the continuum/dichotomy dichotomy?

Jozsi definitely has an Evil Genius in him -- which mostly seems to come out when quail scent lingers in the air.

best
A+M+M+J

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear filles rouges,

Skippy's a 'love them and leave them' rogue. Not nearly good enough for lovely girls such as yourselves.

Admiringly and somewhat protectively yrs.,
B3

Buster the Vizsla said...

My dear Andrew,

One tries.

I shudder to think of Skippy with a bit of genius added.

Yrs. ever,
B3

Anonymous said...

Never trust an evil twin....

Charlie said...

Hrm. I think my evil twin only comes out sometimes on Vizsla walks when I get a bit, ahem, overexcited.

Dad says we have to calculate tan theta to catch a ball from the air. So we are mathematicians par excellence. Better than mum anyway - she's rubbish at catching.

Delilah and Rocket said...

Your adventure sounds just excellent. Next time have the lab assistant take pics!