Saturday, May 10, 2008

It Wasn't Sweden...

When Dad started packing his bags a couple of weeks ago, I got quite excited. "This is it!," I thought. "We're on our way to Stockholm."

Not.

Figure 1. The bad part.

Four days. FOUR DAYS. No computer access, no intelligent conversation, just me, an indoor/outdoor run, and the riff raff.

Figure 2. Riff raff.

Fortunately, just when I thought I would lose my mind from isolation and boredom, Amy picked me up.

Amy is my MOST FAVORITE person in the entire world. Before Dad and the Lab Assistant drove me to the penal colony that masquerades as 'Oregon's finest boarding facility,' she was my third most favorite person.

Amy has many admirable qualities: she's an excellent conversationalist, she's extremely responsive to piercing stares, she has lax couch rules, and her ears always taste very good. Amy's most attractive quality is named Kira.

Figure 3. Not riff raff

I love everything about Kira. I love to lie on Kira's bed, eat Kira's food, take Kira's toys, and usurp Kira's place next to Amy on the couch. I especially like to nibble Kira's ears.

So for nine days, NINE DAYS, I stayed with Amy and Kira. And Vince, whose ears might also taste good, but he never lets me check.

It wasn't Sweden, but it was wonderful.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vince doesn't know what he's missing!

Andrew Campbell said...

Nice to see you survived your incarceration okay. I'm sure you had some Steve McQueen-esque great escape plan in the works -- but if you don't have to blind folks with your ingenuity, then you still maintain the element of surprise, yes? Next time.

best
A+M+M+J

Delilah and Rocket said...

You don't know what you've got until it's gone!