Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tickus Vizslosis

Well.

I'm really peeved at Skippy now. Look what was under my collar after our romp through the woods. (Warning: Scientific image follows. Not for the squeamish.)



This picture was taken by a scientist named Jim Kalish, from the University of Nebraska. He works in the Department of Entomology. That's 'entom-' from the Latin word for 'repulsive things that drop out of trees, latch on, and hitch a ride for a week or so' and '-ology' meaning 'the study of.'

As a scientist, I try to be objective. But, honestly, I fail to see the value of ticks. Perhaps, Jim, if you're reading, you could post a comment vis-a-vis the purpose of ticks in the Big Scheme of Things?

Skippy didn' t have a tick under his collar. The ringleader escapes unscathed, and the innocent bystander suffers the consequences--isn't that how it always goes? Next time I see Skippy, I'm giving him what for. And hiding his cigarettes.

3 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Yep! It's getting to be that time of year again.

Ticks suck!

Charlie said...

Gosh Buster I am very impressed with your brains. I might have to go to school now. Well I'm only one and a half (yesterday) so I guess I have some catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

hello b3 its dennis the vizsla dog i hav never had a tik but my sister trixie gets them in her long fur and then mama has to pul them off with tweezrs trixie sez it is no fun at all tho she duz enjoy the attenshun ok bye